On-Demand Webinar: Preventing Criminal Activity at Affordable Housing Sites
1-Hour Webinar: Preventing Criminal Activity at Affordable Housing Sites
- Originally Recorded: December 7, 2016
- Speaker: Harry J. Kelly, Partner, Nixon Peabody; Edward Paroulek, Security Director, Knickerbocker Village, New York, NY; and Yaron Zussman, CEO, FST Biometrics America
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly...Includes Complete Transcript!
Please view this short excerpt taken from the webinar as a sample.
How Do You Balance the Need for Security with the Rights of Tenants?
This important program provides guidance to owners and managers of Affordable Housing sites on complying with laws, regulations, and lease obligations governing building and tenant security issues.
The program focuses on preventing and responding to criminal activity in a way that balances the need for security with the rights of tenants.
Speaker Harry Kelly, partner at Nixon Peabody LLP, provides an overview of landlords’ obligations and tenants’ rights, and discuss compliance with HUD’s guidance on screening applicants for criminal history and complying with the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
Speaker Edward Paroulek, Security Director of Knickerbocker Village in New York City, discusses deterrents to criminal activity, such as security systems and personnel procedures.
This presentation is geared towards:
· Owners of affordable housing sites
· Managers of affordable housing sites
· Security directors at affordable housing sites
· Lawyers and other assisted housing professionals
Please Note: The information contained in this webinar is provided by Vendome Real Estate Media and is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice or as an offer to perform legal services on any subject matter.