On-Demand Webinar: How to Reduce the Risk of Sexual Harassment Claims
1-Hour Recorded Webinar: How to Reduce the Risk of Sexual Harassment Claims
- Originally Recorded: February 1, 2018
- Speaker: Jessica Weisman, Managing Partner of Client Education, Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly!
During the past year, many high-profile politicians, entertainers, and media figures have been fired or resigned for sexual harassment. And the Justice Department has recently announced a new initiative to combat sexual harassment in housing. In light of this intense scrutiny, how can multifamily property owners and managers reduce the risk of sexual harassment claims being filed against them?
Sexual harassment—that is, unwelcome sexual conduct—is a form of discrimination based on sex. In this one-hour webinar, speaker Jessica Weisman will explain:
- What constitutes illegal sexual harassment under the Fair Housing Act and HUD rules
- Who can file a sexual harassment claim
- When owners can be liable for the sexual harassment committed by their managers, employees, and contractors
- How to make sure community policies and procedures comply with the Violence Against Women Act
This presentation is geared to:
- Owners of multifamily housing properties
- Managers of multifamily housing properties
- Leasing agents
- Attorneys and other rental property advisors
About the Speaker:
Jessica S. Weisman is the Managing Partner of Client Education at Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP, and a member of both KTS’s Fair Housing Practice Group and Affordable Housing Practice Group. Jessica advises and counsels owners and management companies in a variety of areas, including landlord/tenant matters, unlawful detainers for residential and commercial properties, transactional matters, and small claims preparation and defense.
Keeping apprised of the ever-changing legal and judicial climate, Jessica regularly provides legal updates through KTS legal alerts and articles, as well as scheduled monthly webinars. She researches and prepares seminars on a variety of topics, such as Landlord/Tenant Law and Fair Housing Training and Defense, which she and other KTS attorneys present at private trainings and public speaking engagements throughout the California. Jessica also creates customized presentations for clients, trade shows, and industry events