On-Demand Webinar: How to Handle Parking-Related Requests and Disputes
1-Hour Recorded Webinar: How to Handle Parking-Related Requests and Disputes
- Originally Recorded: June 13, 2017
- Speaker: Terry Kitay, attorney based in Oak Island, North Carolina
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly...Includes Complete Transcript!
Please view this short excerpt taken from the webinar as a sample.
Housing providers that offer parking must grapple with two main questions:
1. How many accessible spaces do we need?
2. How should we respond to disability-related parking requests?
The answer to the first question can be tricky because it depends on the community’s date of construction, source of funding, and state where it’s located. But the answer to the second is easy: In nearly all cases, it’ll be reasonable to grant the request under fair housing law.
In this one-hour webinar, speaker Theresa L. Kitay answers these questions in more detail, and reviews fair housing law, the primary law that governs parking at multifamily rental communities.
This presentation is geared to:
· Owners of multifamily housing properties
· Managers of multifamily housing properties
· Leasing agents
· Attorneys and other rental property advisors
About the Speaker:
Theresa L. Kitay is an attorney based in Oak Island, North Carolina. She has been widely recognized as the nation's foremost legal expert on accessibility issues—including both Fair Housing Act and ADA requirements. In addition to general defense and preventive representation for people who own or manage all forms of housing, Terry works with owners, developers, architects, and engineers of new multifamily construction on issues of physical accessibility nationwide.