On-Demand Webinar: Face Your Fair Housing Fears and Everyday Dilemmas
1-Hour Recorded Webinar: Face Your Fair Housing Fears and Everyday Dilemmas
- Originally Recorded: March 8, 2018
- Speaker: Anne Sadovsky, C.S.P.
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly!
Learn how to prevent fair housing missteps—and avoid making a bad situation worse—from a seasoned leasing pro.
It's bad enough when seemingly small missteps lead to discrimination claims; it’s worse when those claims escalate into costly lawsuits. To prevent fair housing missteps—and avoid making a bad situation worse—learn to recognize the everyday situations that have no easy answer.
Speaker Anne Sadovsky shares the fair housing-related blunders that she’s seen multifamily property owners and managers make over the course of her 50-year career in the industry—and discusses ways for avoiding them.
Hear stories about how communities got into trouble by:
- Postponing education—not staying updated on the latest rules & regs
- Using untrained temps
- Not using common sense—believing every rumor and tall tale
- Playing favorites at rent increase time
- Getting overly familiar with residents
- Mishandling resident complaints
- Not properly assigning handicapped parking places
- Not explaining the lease and other documents upfront
- Mishandling requests for assistance animals
- Using the wrong words
- And more
This presentation is geared to:
- Owners of multifamily housing properties
- Managers of multifamily housing properties
- Leasing agents
- Attorneys and other rental property advisors
Anne Sadovsky, C.S.P., is a Dallas-based professional speaker who provides training, keynotes, and counsel to the multifamily property industry.
A former Vice President of Marketing and Education of Lincoln Property Company, Anne is currently celebrating 50 years as an industry professional. She has been honored by Multi Family Pro and the Apartment Association of Greater Dallas with Legends Awards. She has earned a Texas Real Estate license, and is a CAM, CAPS, and RAM, along with many other designations and honorary positions. She was named one of the Top Trainers by Multi Housing News and received a Certified Speaking Professional designation by the National Speakers Association. Anne is also a member of the Board of Advisors of Fair Housing Coach.
Please Note: The information contained in this webinar is provided by Vendome Real Estate Media and is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice or as an offer to perform legal services on any subject matter.