On-Demand Webinar: Commercial Lease Law: Premises Liability & Allocation of Risk
1-Hour Webinar: Commercial Lease Law: Premises Liability & Allocation of Risk
- Originally Recorded: November 17, 2016
- Speaker: Sujata Yalamanchili, Partner, Hodgson Russ LLP; and Michael E. Reyen, Senior Associate, Hodgson Russ LLP
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly...Includes Complete Transcript!
Please view this short excerpt taken from the webinar as a sample.
This on-demand webinar provides suggestions and strategies for negotiating and drafting commercial leases that appropriately address and allocate premises liability risks.
Speakers Sujata Yalamanchili and Michael Reyen of the law firm Hodgson Russ LLP address the issues from both the landlord and tenant's perspectives, review court rulings in the area, and provide guidance in both negotiating and drafting the relevant lease clauses.
1. The need to allocate risk between the landlord and tenant, including the risk of loss and property damage, and liability for accidents/injuries that take place in the leased space.
- Types of occurrences that should be considered and guarded against.
- Negotiating and drafting lease provisions that allocate and limit risk.
2. How the landlord can avoid liability to a third party for property damage and injury at the leased property.
3. The role of indemnification clauses.
4. The role of insurance clauses.
- What types of insurance provisions landlords should be aware of that can protect them.
- How to negotiate and draft insurance provisions in the lease.
This webinar is specially geared to New York City multifamily property professionals, including:
• Compliance Professionals
Sujata Yalamanchili is the leader of Hodgson Russ's Real Estate, Finance & Bankruptcy Practice Area.
Michael E. Reyen, Senior Associate, Hodgson Russ LLP, represents companies, developers, landlords, tenants, financial institutions, municipalities, and nonprofit organizations in a wide range of commercial real estate matters.
Please Note: The information contained in this webinar is provided by Vendome Real Estate Media and is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice or as an offer to perform legal services on any subject matter.