On-Demand Webinar: Avoiding Legal Trouble When Renting to Immigrants and Noncitizens
1-Hour Webinar: Avoiding Legal Trouble When Renting to Immigrants and Noncitizens
- Originally Recorded: April 6, 2017
- Speaker: Douglas D. Chasick, CPM®, CAPS, CAS, SLE, Adv. RAM, CLP, President of The Fair Housing Institute, Inc.
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly...Includes Complete Transcript!
Please view this short excerpt taken from the webinar as a sample.
Make Sure You Comply with Fair Housing Rules Banning Discrimination Based on National Origin
Whether your multifamily property restricts residency to U.S. citizens or serves a large immigrant and noncitizen community, all housing providers must comply with fair housing rules banning discrimination based on national origin.
In this 1-hour webinar, speaker Douglas D. Chasick covers:
- How to avoid violating HUD and fair housing rules when screening foreign-born applicants for housing.
- How to avoid lawsuits from applicants and residents who claim you discriminated against them on the basis of national origin.
- The challenges of implementing a policy restricting residency to U.S. citizens.
- Dealing with complaints arising from cultural differences among residents.
This presentation is geared to:
- Owners of multifamily housing properties
- Managers of multifamily housing properties
- Leasing agents
- Attorneys and other rental property advisors
About the Speaker:
Douglas D. Chasick, CPM®, CAPS, CAS, SLE, Adv. RAM, CLP, President of The Fair Housing Institute, Inc.
Mr. Chasick has over 40 years of hands-on property management experience, gained from on-site, supervisory, consulting, and executive positions with such industry giants as Johnstown Properties, R & B Realty Group (Oakwood), The Related Companies, and First Capital Companies.