On-Demand Webinar: Assistance Animals: What Housing Providers Need to Know
1-Hour Webinar: Assistance Animals: What Housing Providers Need to Know
- Originally Recorded: February 19th, 2016
- Speaker: Theresa L. Kitay, Attorney at Law
- Purchase, Download, and View Instantly!
Please view this short excerpt taken from the webinar as a sample.
This on-demand program focuses on the legal, regulatory, and practical issues presented by resident requests for assistance animals as accommodations to disabilities under the Fair Housing Act.
The legal and regulatory schemes addressing these issues are complex, and this program provides much-needed guidance to multifamily housing owners and managers for complying with their obligations to accommodate people with disabilities who require assistance animals.
Topics Covered Include:
- Qualifying Individuals and Required Exceptions to No-Pet Policies
- Definition of “Assistance Animals”
- Breed and Species Restrictions and Application of “Pet Rules”
- Liability; Potential Damages and Penalties
- Policies and Procedures for Housing Providers
- Considering, Evaluating and Verifying Requests for Assistance Animals
- Responding to Requests
- Employee Communication and Training
This webinar is specially geared for Multifamily Property Professionals in conventional, government-assisted, senior, and community association housing, including:
- Property Owners
- Property Managers
- Property Developers
- Public Housing Authorities
- Compliance Professionals
Please Note: The information contained in this webinar—Assistance Animals: What Housing Providers Need to Know—is provided by Vendome Real Estate Media and is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice or as an offer to perform legal services on any subject matter.