2019 New York City Apartment Management Checklist
From A to Z, Here’s Everything You Need to Know to Stay Compliant.
Your 880-page Checklist also includes:
- A calendar of important dates
- A telephone directory of relevant city and state agencies
- Access to crucial compliance form
- CLICK HERE for a Sneak Peek into the book
View the COMPLETE Table of Contents and scroll down for a free sample chapter
No-Obligation Automatic Renewal: Opt Out at Any Time
2019 New York City Apartment Management Checklist is the definitive source of information on the myriad of complex laws that govern the management of New York City apartment buildings. In this completely updated edition for 2019, readers will find clear and comprehensive explanations of all the pertinent rules, regulations, and requirements that owners and managers need to know to stay compliant…and profitable.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2019 EDITION
Throughout the 2019 edition of the Apartment Management Checklist, the text of laws and forms relating to each chapter have been updated to reflect changes made since the last edition. Highlights include:
- New Fire Department rules on the content and distribution of Fire Safety Guides
- Amended requirements for elevator notices and the regulation of overloaded elevators
- Amended law on extermination and mold remediation, with new provisions for controlling asthma allergen triggers resulting from pest infestation and mold.
- New law requiring larger buildings to display energy efficiency grades starting in 2020
- New law requiring landlords to clear snow and ice from fire hydrants
- New laws increasing the penalties for excessive construction violations and violations resulting in death or physical injury
- Resolution of the 2016 Water Board rate dispute and the new Water & Wastewater Rate Schedule
- And more!
Including important discussions of recent laws and forms, the 2019 NYC Apartment Management Checklist gives you access to the forms contained in this edition—as well as bonus forms—all in one place through the convenient online companion site.
Throughout the 2019 edition of the Apartment Management Checklist, the text of laws and forms relating to each chapter have been updated to reflect changes made since the last edition.
In addition, New York City government web pages have been largely overhauled, providing easier access to information on various topics. Where we refer to city web pages, we’ve provided the most recent URLs available.
Prefer to order by phone? Call 1-800-519-3692
Free Chapter Download from the NYC Apartment Management Checklist:
Topic: Garbage Removal
Your free download covers:
* Who Is Affected
* What Law Requires
* How to Comply
* Penalty for Failure to Comply
* AND MORE!
Complete the form below to get your instant download.
Interested in advertising in the forthcoming 2020 Edition of NYC Apartment Management Checklist? (Pub: 1/20)
Download your Opportunities Sheet today.
ALSO AVAILABLE: 2019 New York Rent Regulation Checklist
This comprehensive, up-to-date reference will clear the confusion around rent regulations as it helps you:
- Protect your legally deregulated apartments from being forced back into regulation
- Deregulate eligible apartments while reducing the risk of agency action
- Win disputes arising from tenant overcharge complaints
- Get maximum allowable rent increases
- Avoid raising red flags that attract the scrutiny of the TPU, the DHCR, and other agencies enforcing the rent regulations
ALSO AVAILABLE: New York Apartment Law Insider
New York Apartment Law Insider, the newsletter resource for apartment building owners and managers, covers critical topics such as: rent stabilization; rent control; building maintenance requirements; correction of code violations; and more. For over 30 years, New York Apartment Law Insider has helped real estate professionals deal with New York agencies that you come in contact with, including the Division of Housing and Community Renewal, the Department of Buildings, the Department of Finance, and the Department of Housing Preservation and Development.